Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Perfect Bedtime

Tonight as I was washing the dishes after dinner, Owen and Paul were giving Elliot a bath before bed. There was a lot of laughing and giggling and happiness emanating through the house from behind that bathroom door... I thought about 2 years ago this very evening at this very time when I myself was in the water at the Birthing Center and Elliot was clamoring to enter this world.

Now, two years later, right now the three of them are making each other laugh, while Paul and Owen are having a deep conversation about the meaning of the lyrics to "Raindrops Are Falling on My Head", and Elliot is splashing and smiling and basking in all that attention and love.

Happy Birthday, my little one.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so fun! We remember two years ago tonight as well. And we remember the sweet time in the hospital on the 11th when we first laid our eyes on the beautiful little person named ELLIOT. He is so precious - We thank God for him. GG

Anonymous said...

Yes, we remember it well, too! You had to drop Owen off at our place so you could go to the hospital and I kept thinking how ridiculously calm you were at the car even though you were in labor! We loved meeting Elliot for the first time and hearing the story of his birth. Happy 2nd birthday sweetheart! Love, Kirsten and Joe

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday our dear little Elliot!!! I feel like I missed out last night by not being at your house. Thanks to Paul for being a good dad and helping with the baths and explaining all kinds of stuff to Owen!! There is a lot that he is going to want to know in the next few years. I just know they will both remember how you were involved with their lives and how fun it was, Paul!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Elliot and actually to the entire family. It is truly a great event that continues...love,

dzia dzia

Anonymous said...

What a joy to have such a treasure in your life - actually, not one but two. And Elliot is by far one of the brightest, happiest, bounciest 2-year olds I know. He is just such a delight!

What a thrill it was to see him all newborn, which I missed with Owen. I felt so luck to meet the litle whippersnapper just hours after coming into this wonderful world.
Happy 2nd birthday to you, dear grandson!
Nana Liana