Wednesday, February 10, 2010

3

Elliot is turning 3 tomorrow and none too soon. The "Terrible 2's" have been trying and tiresome and totally and completely time-consuming. Hence the fact that my last post was in December of LAST YEAR. Sorry about that.

I would like to point out that Elliot -- while being mercurial, demanding, and simultaneously fickle and relentless (as only a 2 year old can be) -- he is also so, so much more. He is a child of extremes for sure, which means his joys are ecstasies, his sadness is despair, his anger is fury. Paul and I are a little exhausted, but rest assured, we are loving it.

Here are a few recent pictures of our adventures with Elliot:



Climbing Trees:
Hanging out as a Dinosaur:

At the Park:
At the Zoo:
Tomorrow we are planning a special day doing all the things Elliot likes best. Fire trucks, playgrounds and T-Ball will be involved!!!! And then a party on Saturday with friends and family.

Happy Birthday, Elliot. We love you like no one else.

7 comments:

TheTamayos said...

Happy Birthday Elliot!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLIOT!!! Yes, Elliot's attributes are as you state. Included with those mentioned, we would like to add charm and keen intelligence. How we love you, ELLiot! GG

Anonymous said...

I just bet Elliot is one that is going to use all of that energy as an adult and get a lot accomplished. He will be a very productive adult!!! I'm glad, though, that you are out of the terrible twos, Elliot. Now comes the terrific threes! Happy Birthday my little man!!!

Aunt Carol

HT said...

For some the terrible twos turn to the horrifying threes... Sorry, but I speak from experience! I got my mellow kid 2nd- the opposite of you. Amazing how the genes get swirled around into such different little guys! Enjoy the day! xo ht

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday Elliot! We love you! Look for a fashionably late package from your cousin Clara to arrive in the mail. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday our little tasmanian devil! We love you and so wish we could be there on Saturday to celebrate your fun day with you. And to give mommy and daddy a little break. :) Hope you had fun on your special day!

Aunt Kirst and Uncle Joe

Anonymous said...

Elliot sounds a great deal like my Arianna, who I am happy to say, is somewhat more easygoing now that she's three. Happy birthday to Elliot!

Julie (J)Ludlum