Details to come about the big announcement, I promise!
But I wanted everyone to know this: in the past month or so, quietly and without fanfare ( until now) Owen has
1. gone completely diaper free naptime and nighttime without any midnight pees!!!!!!!
2. finally learned to sleep all night in his own bed!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, he is 3 so it's about bloody time. But, a few months ago (yes, right after Paul and I realized another baby Getz was on the way) we decided we had to do something about his joining us in the the big bed at all hours of the night. We talked to him about the importance of sleeping in his own bed and then just kept returning him to his own bed when he would come into our room. After a week or so of 2 a.m. discussions he stopped complaining about it and now even though he still comes into our room occasionally, he goes back to his own bed no problem and knows he can't join us until the sun is shining..... Can I just say that after all the stress of his first few years of awful sleep habits, it is SO MUCH EASIER to sleep train a young boy who can understand reason and consequence.
Now we have 6 more months of sleep before the new one arrives ( Estimated Date of Arrival: February 13th, 2007). Then we start all over again.......
1 comment:
Oh man, no diapers is so fabulous. Lily quit the things when she was 28 months old and I so wasn't expecting it. I thought it would be closer to 3y. But just having one in diapers is fabulous (although the months they were both in dipes wasn't so bad). Another year or two and I'll be done with diapers forever! YAY!
Post a Comment