In addition to all those knee slapping jokes he's been telling lately, there is the inadvertent humor of day-to-day life with Owen.
The other day I put out some clothes and told Owen to get dressed ( we play a game where we see who can get dressed first). Owen said "No!!! I want to pick out my own clothes!" Well, I was thrilled and told him to go for it and he proceeded to put all the clothes I had chosen away and then picked out a really well-matched outfit for himself. And then he got dressed! Yay! It was very exciting for everyone. As I was helping him with his socks and shoes, I repeatedly told him how proud I was of him and said that now that he was a big boy (big enough to pick out his own clothes and put them on all by himself) the next step was to put his own socks and shoes on. To which Owen replied "YEAH!!!!!! And then I will be big enough to drive the car!!!!!!!!"
Yesterday we were at our usual Sunday morning bakery eating the absolutely best cranberry eggnog scones. Owen was watching intently as some kids were playing cards at a nearby table. He asked what "those number cards" were, and I told him it was UNO, a game that we have at home. Then Paul and I realized we should play that with Owen because he knows his numbers really well and definitely knows his colors so it would be a great game for him to play! I told him that we could get the UNO cards out and play when we got home. To which Owen replied " OK, but let's play it in English first!"
Am I biased if I think this kid is brilliant?
P.S. I will post some pictures as soon as I upload them, we had a fantastic weekend filled with holiday festivities and I've got lots of cool pictures, I promise!
2 comments:
No, he's clearly brilliant. But then, so are my kids. ;)
And that bakery looks delicious. We'll have to try it out some time!
Muy bien, Owen, Claro que tu eres muy inteligente, te quiero.
Dzia Dzia
Post a Comment