1. Legos. He can follow very intricate patterns to build the models. He was building the pizzeria today ( all by himself) and he looked upt at me and confided: "I LOVE Legos!"
2. Riding his bike. Today we had a grand adventure where I stuffed a jogger stroller, a bicycle with training wheels, a diaper bag and two boys into my little Jetta and we went to Mission Bay park where I pushed Elliot in the stroller and Owen rode his bike next to me for almost 40 minutes!!!!!!!! We had a great time... he's finally getting the hang of the whole bike riding thing ( it was a birthday gift for him from last July, so he's certainly taken his time to cotton to it!!!)
3. Entertaining himself. Owen has a friend from playgroup called Kaylie who he's known since they were both about 8 months old. They love playing at the park together (see picture below)and having playdates. A couple of weeks ago while I was doing something in the kitchen I heard Owen having a conversation with someone while he hid in a corner of the living room. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was playing hide and seek with "Pretend Kaylie". Since then Pretend Kaylie has made numerous appearances: in the backseat of the car, sitting at the breakfast table, playing with Owen. She seems to like everything that Owen likes to do!

2 comments:
How cute is that!!! I heard someone that has pretend friends like that is very very bight!! If you don't have anyone your age to play with each day you have to make them up! Lisel, you do such a good job of reporting on the kids. Our Clark wanted to cut teeth early also. When Lisa discovered the first sign of a tooth at a tremendously early age Bill sent him some beef jerky! :-) We have the cutest picture of Clark and his beef jerky! That baby is ever so precious!
Aunt Carol
I can't believe I missed this entry. It was a delight to find it this evening. Owen's engineering skills are stunning from this grandmother's perspective,and it is always nice to have good friend as close by as your imagination.
GG
Post a Comment