Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Owen's Job Descriptions

We went to the park yesterday to get out of the house on one of the hottest days of the year. Not just hot, stifling....


Owen wanted to take his boomerang so we walked down the hill with Owen casually tossing his boomerang around. It fumbled and landed in the busy street, only about 1 ft. from the curb, but still IN the street. Owen ran to get it, but stopped as he reached the curb and pulled himself up short right before/as I was saying "OWEN!!! STOP!!!!!!!!" I returned the boomerang to him and congratulated him on stopping and reminded him that he was NEVER under ANY circumstances to run into the street to get something.


He said "I know, I know, I almost forgot the rule about running into the street...". I said, Well, that's what I'm here for, to make sure you don't forget the rules. In fact, that's my job as Mommy, to teach you how to stay safe and to make sure you grow up to be a good boy. Then Owen said: "And Daddy's job is to go to work and make money for our family, and my job is to entertain Elliot and clean up my toys!!!!!"


Click on this picture to see our Day at the Park photo set...


Oh, and Elliot is crawling. Yes, you heard me. Craw-Ling. CRAWLING!!!!!! 6 MONTHS OLD!!!!!I really thought I'd have a few more months of control before all hell broke loose, but I guess it's not to be. Welcome to the house of chaos. (It's a good thing Owen knows he has to pick up his toys as part of his job description).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Owen!!! Thank you for not running into the street. Praise God for Mommies that help to keep us safe. It kinda reminds me of our Good Lord!! He, too, help us watch the streets of life!! I guess it is a praise God for Jesus and Mommies!!

Oh, Elliot, are you ever going to make mommy's day interesting from now on. Boy, Owen, your job just got a lot bigger--watching Elliot is going to be a hugh chore now!! I'm glad mom has you to help!!!!

God Bless,
Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Owen sure has his priorities (and jobs) right...good thinking Owen!!!

Elliot has always been a joy and now that he is on the "move" his job is to keep everybody trim and in shape.

We can't wait to see them (and Lisel) next week.

Hooray!!

Love to all,

dzia dzia

Anonymous said...

Owen, you are a dear! You do such a good job of taking care of Elliot and Elliot loves to play and laugh with you. I am so glad you had a good reminder to stay out of the street and thanks to mom for being on the job every minute.

Elliot crawling!!! That IS exciting. If you and Clara could have session together now! That would be quite a show! Love you all. GG