Plus, we all have colds.
Poor Elliot has a terrible drippy nose that is making him very unhappy. And, he is like a squirmy tornado when you try to hold him. Luckily he's excellent at sitting by himself and when he does fall its in a nice smooth controlled way so I don't really worry about him bonking his head on the floor. He is so close to really crawling, its scary. He gets his butt in the air and pushes with his feet as if just by force of will he can move across the room to where Owen is playing with choking hazards ( well, really just Legos and marbles and magnets and all those cool 4 yr.old toys that are just NOT appropriate for 6 month-olds.) Elliot is just desperate to get in on the action.
That's Elliot saying "MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmMMMMMM" which along with blowing raspberries and cooing and gurgling represent his beautiful baby language.
And Owen? I have a million posts I dream of sharing about him. For now, let's just say that every night after Paul has read him his bedtime stories and he comes in to say goodnight (as I'm nursing Elliot to sleep in the darkened office) he looks at me with the widest eyes and the most loving, trusting, expectant face and says "What's tomorrow?" (Tomorrow is Saturday) "What are we going to do tomorrow?!!!" (I don't know yet, we'll see what the day brings us!) "See you in the morning, I love you!"
I love you too, sweetheart.
2 comments:
They are the most adoring, adorable boys I've ever known and I'm only slightly biased! I am so happy to be able to spend even the littlest amount of time with them to see how much cuter, and smarter, and funnier they've gotten in just one week. So glad we had the day to spend at the pool with the noodle, the tugboat, the Tierney/Hayatshahi's and the cutest little blond haired boys on the planet!
Aunt Kirstie
Awww! How precious is all of that. Stick to your guns about eating together. It is great family time. I think Owen must take after my kids. We would be coming home at night--around 9:30--10:00 pm and they would say where are we going next!!! At least Owen is asking about the next day. Bill and I would be almost dead and they would be wanting to do one more thing!!
Lisel, I know I have said this before, but I'm going to repeat it, you do such a cool job of blogging. Thanks for all of the updates!!!!
Aunt Carol
Post a Comment