and Paul and I walked up and down the aisles attempting to keep Elliot from sticking absolutely everything into his mouth (with only some success).... We saw lots of beautiful scenery: snow-covered barns, small town train crossings, beautiful old trees, and cool junkyards. It was fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat. My camera is a basic model so all the pictures end up looking like this:
blurry and white.... but maybe you get the idea?
Plus, after seven hours we got to steam on into Chicago and see that beautiful skyline. I highly recommend a train ride (seems like Owen gets his love of trains from me maybe?)
In Chicago, we had lots of family time: we spent a day on the Southside visiting my Grandma and Grandpa in their new home and Owen got to play in the most beautiful snow ever. While we were there, Paul noticed out the window that the snowflakes looked like goose feathers falling from the sky: perfect snowman weather! So, Owen and Paul built a large snowman outside the door to the rest home.... later at dinner I heard some other residents happily talking about the snowman outside the back door. Fun! This is my favorite shot from that day: Elliot and his Great Grandpa (who will be 90 this year!).
Then the next day we went north to visit Paul's brother's family. It was great to see all the cousins playing together, and I'm so sorry I didn't take enough pictures of that visit!
But, you can see some of them along with the whole Chicago set here.
Next stop: home.
3 comments:
Wow!!! And it looks like fun was had by all!!! What a wonderful vacation. God was so good to send along snow that would pack and a snowman could be made and all. Owen will never forget all of the fun. I hope Elliot, also will remember something of it. How very sweet of you to include Grandpa and Grandma. I'm sure they appreciated being remembered more than you will ever know until it is your turn to be old. I keep thinking, I hope someone still loves me when I get old!!! :-)
Aunt Carol
Your family is so beautiful. It was lovely to see you all the other night!
xoxo
Mel
Love the pictures & the stories! The train ride stories triggered some nostalgia of a trip from Chicago to California when Brad was 4 1/2 and Paul was 2 1/2. Paul wooed his fellow travelers with incredible charm for hours. He felt obligated to say his personal good-byes to his new found friends when we all parted ways. His favorite prop was his brand new pair of sunglasses which hung a little too far over his ears! GG
Post a Comment