I've been enjoying my little self-imposed blog-hiatus and I'm looking forward to sharing lots of stories and pictures with you all once I resume regular postings next week. This August has been so lovely -- full of beach visits, family vacations, Zoo trips, and hours and hours of brotherly playing (squabbles, giggles, Legos, pillow fights, fort-making, ice-cream eating, you name it).
But, I couldn't wait to tell everybody how exciting this loose tooth is for us. And by exciting I mean I can no longer ignore the terrifying, thrilling, mind-blowing reality that my little boy is DEFINITELY growing up. Just in time for (gulp) Kindergarten next week. Oh, my god. Is it really here already?
See you all after Labor Day.
4 comments:
What mile stone!!! I fully remember losing my first loose tooth and then watching the new MUCH LARGER permanent tooth grow back. I remember thinking, "I am quite grown up now." But Qwen's loose tooth has caught me unawares. How can this be? He was just cutting his first tooth not so long ago! Owen, we know you are looking forward to going to school and we are happy for you, but we hope you don't grow up so fast that we have trouble keeping up with all these enormous changes. We love little man. You delight us continually. GG
Owen, you are growing up so fast!!! Now you have something to brag about next week when you go to school. Maybe you will be the first in the class to lose a tooth. Our Hallie lost one too! She was sure that Grandpa bumped it loose while they were scuffling! She always picks on Grandpa and wants him to scuffle with her. I hope you have a wonderful first day of school and than followed up by many many more good days. I will have to pray for you like I do my own little grand kids!! You are a special boy!
Aunt Carol
Oh my! He is truly a big boy now!! Look out Kindergarten. Owen, have fun, you bring me a smile (and more) every day.
dzia dzia
Its good that you are wringing the last few days of fun out of the summer. And yay for the tooth!
I remember how goony I looked with half baby teeth and half big-girl teeth!
I just found out that two of Ethan's teeth are actually FUSED together! Not sure what will happen when one comes loose and the other doesn't.
Post a Comment