After Owen's school, we played outside some more -- this time with some neighborhood friends. I made dinner while the kids climbed all over the dome and played "restaurant" -- a game that entails detailed menu planning and designing and drawing and then taking turns playing the waiter while I (the ever-hungry customer) decide whether I want the "carit soop" or the "bred". Then I sent the neighbors home and Owen and Elliot helped me clean up the kitchen and set the table for dinner. Paul actually arrived home while we were eating, so we all sat at the table together for a nice change!
It was a busy day filled with the happy hum of life and the buzz of children swarming like insects from house to yard and back again. At one point today I thought about how I haven't posted a lot of pictures of the boys lately and grabbed the camera to try and document the moment.
I got a few pictures before the red light came on and the poet that is my camera flashed a warning to me: "BATTERY EXHAUSTED", it said.
and I thought: "I totally know how you feel!"
2 comments:
Lisel, you are so cute!! It seems as though you have a way of making life feel like one whole big enjoyable party!! That sand box or whatever it is looks so inviting! It doesn't look like you have that yellow sand that we have though. I wish I could ship you a big truck load!! It is fantastic stuff!! Elliot looks like a little doll setting there! It seems like you packed a lot of stuff into one day when you weren't feeling well!! Bless you my dear! I love you!
Carol
Whew! I think I am about to be exhausted just reading through the events of your day. Sometimes, it's good to recount just what does take place in a the span of a day. It can give you a real appreciation of just why is that you are exhausted. It isn't difficult for me to picture all those happenings and the sum total of energy expended in the doing of them. I seen it in action:) Actually, playing "grocery store" was a favorite of mine as a child. Many pods, seeds and weeds stocked our shelves as they were transformed into coffee, lettuce, potatoes, and even candies. Shop was always set up under the shade tree. By-the-way, how was the carit soop and the bred? GG
Post a Comment