In between the management of the household, most of my days are filled with Elliot's unique brand of "busy-ness". He spends a lot of time literally running around playing, indoors and out. Here I caught him for a brief moment in a standing still position the other day:
I'll let you imagine the story behind this picture because I think it would be truly impossible to recreate the events and imagination that led up to him wearing the box around the house (and, yes, he is naked underneath that box) warming his toes in a box of sunlight. Let's just say my days are not boring.
And, now we are in the midst of a beautiful week off from school. Owen has the whole week off for Thanksgiving, and we started the week with a family outing last Sunday.... 

Today I took the boys to Torrey Pines. We spent the morning hiking in the warm, dry sun and of course spent some gleeful time cooling off on the beach.
A beautiful day, and a beautiful way to remember how thankful I am for these two amazing little boys.
4 comments:
You do such a great job of keeping everything going, Lisel! Besides that you always find time to have some fun times with the boys!! You are an amazing woman! If you lived in Michigan your gardening would be over until next April. That is one good thing! It is good that Elliot has a mother that can keep up with him!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all! We love you!
Aunt Carol
The donning of the box and warming his feet in the light is quintessentially Elliot!! You have correctly said those two boys are amazing and so are the parents! I love the pictures. They tell a lovely story, and we also are very thankful for all of you. GG
Looks like an absolutely wonderful way to spend a Thanksgiving holiday week! Can't wait to see everyone at Christmas. Love to all! Kirstie
Omigosh, Elliot in the box is just too precious for words! That kid has the most vivid imagination! I love the pictures of you all at Torrey Pines! Everyone seems so happy and contented! What a great week you must have had!
Hugs,
Nana Liana
Post a Comment