I've taken a brief respite from the blog lately simply because I have not found any time to update anything. I've been in rehearsals and working quite a lot while the boys have been having extended playdates with friends, grandparents and babysitters. In the few moments I had at home, we were busy doing things which gave me precious little time to reflect and document the doing.
Today, however, is the first day of Spring Break. Owen is off school for the week, I'm finished with my rehearsals (now that my show is open and running) and the week is off to a wonderful start. So far, the morning chores are done, Owen is reading a chapter book to Elliot, the sun is shining on our newly planted garden and we are all still in our pajamas. This feels quite decadent for 9:30 in the morning!
This past week we put in a concerted effort to plant our garden. Elliot and I did most of the work since Owen was still in school, but we are all quite excited to see what will succeed this year. I planted quite a few things that I'm pretty confident about, and we also planted some other things just to see what would happen. Here's the list: Carrots, radishes, sweet peas, broccoli, kale, chives, chamomile, sunflowers, corn, tomatoes, yellow peppers, celery, beets and edamame. we also have the wonderful herbs that have been thriving since last summer: parsley, sage, oregano, thyme, rosemary.
We got a couple shots of the garden so far:
Here's Elliot showing us how high he wants those corn stalks to grow (did I mention we planted some things "just for fun"?):


Wish us luck!
4 comments:
Wow, would I ever love to plant my garden!!!! We are still trying to get rid of snow. When we think we have succeeded some more falls! What a year! God knows best and He has always promised a harvest! Soooooo...we are still enjoying (?) winter! You are right Elliot the corn will probably grow that tall and taller! What an exciting time! Have a great week guys!!
Aunt Carol
This orderly arrangement of flowers and vegetable is a breath of fresh air. It is easy to see that a great deal of hard work went into the planning and planting. On top of that, Elliot's enthusiasm is (as always) is un-surpassed! GG
You guys did a wonderful job cleaning out the weeds and prepping the garden, and now planting such delicious foods to eat! I do hope the corn gets that tall and taller so you can get a shot of Elliot standing next to it! Enjoy the week of being with the boys during break!
Much love, Nana Liana
The last photo looks like the shadow of a giant bunny rabbit. I hope this is not an inauspicious omen. -Evan
Post a Comment