A little heat spell prompted this backyard vision the other day after school:
We have also been riding scooters, making masks, sketching, playing fort in the back yard and generally enjoying the spectacular early summer afternoons of May.
Busy-ness is always there. I seem to always have a list of things to do, and the bathroom never quite gets cleaned the way I would like. And sometimes I open the kitchen drawers and am shocked by the dirt crumbs in there. Really, I didn't invite them in! How have I not noticed them accumulating?
But, spring has come and all we want to do is be outside with the windows wide open. Those dirt crumbs wil have to wait (presumably for when the kids are off to college.....). So if you happen to stop by, my apologies for the messy house, but we'll be out in the fort reading Huckleberry Finn...

2 comments:
Lisel, you are amazing! You and Paul are very good to keep the boys stimulated with healthy activities. it sounds like fun. Is anyone else invited. BTW, the look on Elliot's face reading "Huckleberry Finn" says a lot. He looks like he would love to be a part of the story himself. There is a part of Elliot that can identify with Huck. GG
You just go right ahead and enjoy the out of doors! God meant it to be enjoyed! No one will even know those crumbs are in the drawer except you. I challenge you that if someone notices invite them to clean them up. What you are doing looks like a lot more fun!!!! Enjoy the kids while you have them. College is way too close!!!
Aunt Carol
Post a Comment