A certain somebody turned 8 years old yesterday. Unbelievable.
Really unbelievable. Sometimes I look at Owen and still see the little baby who I held and rocked to sleep for the first few years of his life.... Sometimes I look at him and see the jawline and the posture of the man he will become. Always, always I see this: a thoughtful, smart, sweet, eager, earnest and energetic boy who is just as content sprawled reading a book all day ( like today) or splashing wildly around in the pool, or playing tag with the neighborhood friends, or cracking puns and silly jokes that only another 8-year old would really laugh at. I'm so proud of him and I'm full of hope and anticipation for all the exciting things in store for him in the coming years...
Happy birthday, Owen!
3 comments:
You said it very well, Lisel. Your assessment is certainly quintessentially Owen. We love him for all that he is. It's amazing, I also had a flashback to his infant years Thursday when he was handling his birthday party with aplomb. We, too, look forward to watching him grow into even greater grace and dignity. God bless you, Owen. We love you. GG
I hope your birthday was fabulous, Owen! You are a fantastic nephew and cousin and we love you!
What a precious tribute to a sweet little boy! God go with you, Owen, to grow into a wonderful man filled with this same love and grace!!!I hope some day we will be able to see each other again. I wish there weren't so many miles between us! I love you!
Aunt Carol
Post a Comment