We moved into our house last August, and are just now beginning to reap the literal rewards of our mini-orchard of stone fruit trees in the backyard.
A couple of months ago, we ventured into the amazing world of canning and learned all about making apricot jam.
Ingredients: Apricots. Sugar. Time.
Result? Delicious.
Our apricot crop was a little small. But we are fast approaching maximum yield on our nectarine tree! Our first harvest yielded this.
And so I made a quick nectarine cake.
The tree is fairly bursting with more. Thank goodness Owen and Elliot got me some canning supplies for my birthday!
Anyone have a recipe to share for nectarines? I'm taking suggestions from any and all corners....
2 comments:
Beautiful fruit - beautiful products!! Looks like you have a good start in investigating the wonders of canning and turning fruit from the tree to a gorgeous dessert. I will review my recipes for any additions that might be interesting. I am sure you know that nectarines and peaches can be interchangeable in most recipes. GG
Wow!! Does all of that look yummy right now!! I could use a piece of that dessert! The boys wil have fond memories of the smell of apricot jam cooking, apple sauce being made, and wonderful desserts being produced! It all sounds terrific! Love you all!
Aunt Carol
Post a Comment