We are on Spring Break this week! Which means my boys are doing a lot of reading and playing Legos and not getting dressed until after lunch. Today, however, they are over at a neighbor's house for a few hours playing "Fun Land". The boys' friends created a theme park in their back yard and made little tickets to pass out to the neighbor kids. Apparently there will be games, prizes and rides! Sounds like fun, all created and maintained by kids under 10. I'm insanely curious to see what they're doing, but at the same time I'm really enjoying the quiet time around the house. So, here's a blog post to fill the empty time while the kids are doing kid things!
Owen ran a 2 mile Run/Walk race over St. Patrick's Day weekend. I cajoled Paul to go with him. Actually, I just signed Paul up and told him he was running with Owen ;). They had fun! Elliot and I followed them to the finish line, so by the end the whole family had participated. It was a gorgeous Spring morning in San Diego with the kind of gloomy overcast grey sky that blossoms to a sunny and cool afternoon. Perfect for a family outing down at the Bay...
 |
| Before the race |
 |
| Elliot's race consisted of a lot of chasing of ducks and climbing of trees. |
 |
| Everybody gets a medal! |
3 comments:
Congratulations to the runners and walkers! It is great to get the blood pumping through your blood vessels - actually, quite exhilarating when the course is completed. Good job all around! Looking back a few years, I find that it was a good thing to walk/run a mile to and from school daily, though I didn't always think so at the time. GG
Well, I know I responded to this blog but I must not have pushed to publish button!! I just love how you do things as a family! It has great rewards when you stick close!, Come and see us sometime!!
Aunt Carol
I read this post a while back and have thought about "Fun Land" a few times since then. Did you ever get to see it, Lisel? :)
Post a Comment