Thursday, October 12, 2006

alone again

Paul is in Japan again for two more weeks. I am so glad this isn't part of his normal business routine because I am EXHAUSTED.

Owen is really wearing me out. He hasn't been napping for several weeks now, but he's managed to stay with the"Quiet Time in Your Bedroom" Rule. Today he rebelled. What do you say to a toddler who just says "But I don't want to!!!!!!" after everything you say? I tried reasoning, negotiating, time outs, you name it. By the end of it I needed the nap and quiet time more than he did! Anyway, I finally convinced him to stay in his room for 45 minutes during which time he took a picture off the wall and took it apart, broke a clock, pulled all the books off his shelf, and threw all his puzzle pieces all over the floor. But at least he stayed in his room!!!!!!!

Anyway, he has got way more energy than I do these days.... I fear it will only get worse as the countdown to February continues.

We went to the park after his failed nap/quiet time in an attempt to get some wiggles out. He climbed all the way to the top of the jungle gym --and all the way back down -- all by himself about 15 times. Finally he said "I need a rest" and sat down with me on the bench for about a second before he jumped up again.

Whew!~

By the way, the camera is in Tokyo so here's another shot from last weekend:

He's doing his best "Dzia Dzia wink". Maybe I should convince him to be a pirate for Halloween so he can use this new skill for good purpose????

1 comment:

Flambo said...

Awww! I have a great babysitter if you need some "alone" time. I can't imagine what it's like to be pregnant and have to watch a toddler on top of that!! You'll have to tell me how you manage (when I am in the same boat in a year or two)...

...Congratulations again, and keep blogging!

XOXO
Kim