This has been such an exciting week in our little world. Last week my friend Jess welcomed her beautiful little girl Orli.... then my friend Janet welcomed her little boy Roan on Tuesday night and Owen got to meet him in the hospital when he was only one day old!!!!!! Then, on Thursday Paul's brother Evan and his wife Bethany welcomed their little girl Clara into the world. We've all been admiring Owen's newest cousin in pictures on the blogosphere. Then on Friday we opened the secret envelope and discovered that Owen was going to have a little brother!!!! YAY!!!
However, lest we forget, Owen is STILL "the king". So, I wanted to share some more anecdotes about Owen's amazing-ness.
Owen got a ride home from preschool the other day from a neighbor friend. His Grandpa Elmer was here to babysit for a few hours while I taught a class... When Heidi dropped him off Owen introduced his Grandpa to Heidi letting her know that "his first name is Grandpa and his last name is Elmer".
Today after dinner Owen was looking at me and he asked where his baby was. I said "My baby is in here( pointing at my belly) He's my baby and your baby brother." To which Owen replied "I want a baby sister next." Aack! Slow down tiger!
Today we went to a beach house party with all of Owen's friends from playgroup and preschool. Owen had a blast running in the sand and chasing after his friends. When it was time to eat, his friend Kaylie was walking over and he ran to get her chair and took it over to her saying "Here's your chair, Kaylie!!!!" Then he spontaneously offered to share some of his cookie with his friend Tommy. He turned to me and said "It's ok, Tommy doesn't want any cookie right now". I know I'm biased ( as all moms should be) but I think Owen is the sweetest boy. Chivalry is not dead!
Watch out, baby boy due in February... although you will be Prince Regent (is that next in line for the throne? I'm not up on my royal lineage expertise) it will be mighty hard to dethrone Owen. He will be an amazing big brother for you and has already told me how he's looking forward to teaching you how to play dominoes. He's also set aside some cookies and snacks for you in the cabinet (he put them in a little container and said "we'll save these for the baby") I hope you're looking forward to meeting him as much as we are looking forward to meeting you!
No comments:
Post a Comment