Anyway, here are some highlights from the past few days:
We took the trolley with Uncle Evan to our local stadium to watch the Padres get totally creamed by the Philadelphia whatevers..... Although I enjoy baseball, I was more excited about the fact that it was Owen's first time at a real game! Too bad it was a stinker...Elliot was also un-impressed by the game. ( We lost 9 to zero):
We went to Balboa Park with all the tourist hordes and went to our favorite places which also happened to be the least crowded of all the spots to visit. Paul and I always say we should write a guide book for sightseeing in SD with kids.... but then we realize that we don't really want all our favorite spots to become completely packed. I guess we're selfish that way. No guide book will be forthcoming. Anyway, we went to the usual spots: the Train museum, the Natural History Museum (very cool fossil exhibit), and of course a visit to the koi pond:
I had to take this picture because as we walked around the edge of the pool admiring the lily pads and the lotus flowers and the koi, Owen spotted these flowers and said "It looks like a school of flowers! I see the teacher!" (He meant the tallest flower in the bunch).
Tomorrow: a train ride up the coast..... stay tuned as we continue our summertime adventures!!
2 comments:
Ahh! Vacation time - Always wonderful to remember and always a bit too short. Owen might onto something with the "school of flowers". I see the teacher as well. Great observation, Owen. GG
Amen! I thought I saw the teacher, too!! Great job Owen! That is such cool thing.
It sounds like your vacation time is being well spent having good old family fun! Enjoy!!
Aunt Carol
Post a Comment