Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Baby Steps!


For a little while now, Elliot has been walking quite happily while I hold his hands (or hand) and then when I let go, he contemplates the possibilities before dropping to the floor with a thud, or lunging forward into his crawl position and taking off ....


Today though, he took his first independent steps! Three solid steps. Then I put him back in the same starting position and watched him repeat his three steps. 6 steps in one day!!!!!! Exciting!


I didn't get it on video, but here's some practice walking from earlier in the day. (Camera work by Owen)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rats!! Somehow that video didn't come through! Maybe I'll try again later!

Are you ready for walking. They can get into stuff much much faster!! :-). It seems that they gain in independence when they can walk on their own, also. He is so cute. I sure enjoy looking at the Christmas picture you sent!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Wow - this is so exciting! Pretty soon Elliot will be chasing Owen, and playing tag, and baseball and all sorts of fun stuff. Thanks Owen for capturing Elliot's practice run so nicely on the video. Well done!

Aunt Kirstie

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Elliot is walking and we got it on video - Thank you, Owen. You did a good job! I don't mind saying that he is adorable. What fun!! GG