It should be understood that being back to normal after the holiday bonanza means being back to: sleepless nights, short naps (unfortunately not mine) , and a clinginess that gets really frustrating when all I really want is to wash my hair (see below).
I pondered these things this morning as I took my shower while playing peekaboo behind the shower curtain and performing a puppet show with rubber ducks above the curtain for Elliot who for some reason does NOT like me to be clean..... it was at that moment I glimpsed the tag on the shower curtain that reads : cool iron as needed. WHAT?????!!! Who irons their shower curtains?
Anyway, therefore the boatload of pictures I need to upload from our FANTASTIC holiday will remain un-uploaded yet another day, and I find myself sitting here with weeks of stories to share about our boys, and an inability to write about any of them.
There's always tomorrow. Stay tuned.
2 comments:
Lisel, you do such a super job of putting into words what we all have experienced with raising little kids. I can picture that whole scene and you made me smile this morning. No question about it, when little kids get a mommy that loves them they just plain want to be with her. What a riot! How can a guy beat a puppet show while mommy is getting clean!! Oh, my, I love it!!!
Aunt Carol
No apologies needed. If my memory serves me right,I also remember some creative showering back in the late 60's and early 70's. Thanks for jarring my memory of similar experiences. All in all, aren't they worth it? GG
Post a Comment