Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Routine

I love routines. It's amazing that I decided to have kids at all because they really mess with the whole regular schedule thing.... But I've been thinking alot about routines lately.... especially last week when we fell into our old PRE pre-school routine of playing all day long. Owen is back to school this week and we are into our regular days again and as much as I say it is total chaos, it somehow isn't. (does that make sense?). I guess it's an ordered chaos in which we all try to live harmoniously keeping each other happy -- to varying degrees of success.

So, I was thinking about our routine and reading one of my favorite mommy blogs which I visit every day for inspiration and reflection: http://soulemama.typepad.com/soulemama/ . She is in the middle of an everyday photo project which really beautifully captures moments in her day.... I guess I wanted to touch some of that 'cherish the moment' sentiment, even though I'm not nearly as artistic as her, and to share with my devoted readers ( Hi Aunt Carol !) moments in our lives.....so I've decided to start my own photo project. I'll just start with 7 days and see where that takes us....



Before I do though, here are some moments Owen captured with the camera last week:


Snack time:

Naptime: (At least, the cat's nap time on the pile of laundry in the sunbeam)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea! We will be eagerly awaiting for the 7 day run. Owen, you have the makings of being VERY GOOD with the camera. I like your pictures. GG

Anonymous said...

Wow, Owen!! What a snack time--a good,almost healthy snack and a good book!! I noted it is the same book I've seen in my grandkids homes. Now the cat is one lucky cat. What is better than to have a nice pile of laundry to rest on in a wonderful sunbeam sent from the Good Lord above. It is nice and warm and cozy!!! Have a great day and I'll be looking forward to the next pictures!!

Aunt Carol