I suppose this comes with the territory of having two boys. Or just two kids under the age of 5. Or just a really really clumsy family. (sidenote: I'll never forget being called Banana Peel Legs when I was a kid because I always had bruises up and down my legs). Well, fast forward to my life these days which ends up being an endless string of physical injuries. Elliot wants to move much faster than his balance can keep up and he ends up toppling head first. Also, he seems to have no sense of fear and wants to do everything (I mean, everything) that Owen is doing....
Anyway, this past week or so we've enjoyed the following traumas:
Elliot:
1 lump on the left side of his head from falling against the piano leg
1 lump on the right side of his head from falling off the fireplace
1 fat lip from falling teeth first onto the wood floor
Owen:
2 big splinters on his hand
1 stubbed toe from running room to room while playing chase with Elliot
1 rug burn on his left knee from jumping over the couch pillows
(these are all I can think of right now, but there were numerous slight injuries throughout the week that were just a result of Owen's 4 yearold-ness)
and not to be left out--
Me:
1 lump on the side of the head from banging my head into the bathroom cabinet door after stooping to pick up something that Elliot dropped
1 bruised ankled from Owen "steering" the stroller into my leg
scratches all over my neck from Elliot's fingernails (he's a very active nurser)
This is definitely one of those things they don't tell you about child-rearing. It's dangerous!
2 comments:
Even more of a concern is if someone should get really sick and you have to take them to the doctor before all of the bruises and lumps are healed. You always have to fear that they will think you are beating up your kids!!! :-) If they ever question you, send them to me. I will tell them the caring parents you really are. Ruth Ann has told me how very very active Elliot is and that I should pray for you, Lisel!! However, she loves Elliot to death just like he is! At least you don't have the "sit in the corner" type of kids that you have to worry that something is wrong with them!!!! :-)
Aunt Carol
I guess I say AMEN to Carol's note. Your note caused me to chuckle, because Elmer and I recently saw some of this is action!! Then there is the grandmother who miss judged the temperature of the soup and burned Elliot's mouth(!) - I am still cringing!
We love you Owen and Elliot. GG
Post a Comment