Wednesday, March 26, 2008

hello again

yes, I'm still here.

I'm tired. Oh, so tired. 2 years of insufficient sleep will do that to a person.

How do people do it? Having more than one kid at a time? Life has gotten exponentially harder in the past few weeks.

Elliot is transitioning to one nap a day ( which means no naps a day sometimes, which means our house is an ode to crankiness between the hours of 6:30am to 8pm -- yes those are the waking hours of the kids)

I'm going to start calling Elliot "Sir Edmund". One day he will climb Everest. But, until that time, he will make do with climbing onto the kitchen table and standing in about 3 seconds flat; scaling the front of the oven ( but ONLY when I'm making dinner and therefore his little fingers can reach the hot burners); scaling the media cabinet; climbing onto Owen's bed and falling off (can't have one without the other).

I feel like I spend all day putting out fires, and then all night complaining about it. ( And here I am on my blog complaining about it again......) Poor Paul. Poor friends, they must think I dislike my children. I don't, I swear!!!!!!!! I just need to vent somewhere!!!!!

ok, now that's out I can get back to posting happy little posts and sweet little pictures.

thanks for listening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisel, you have my deepest sympathy!! I can believe you are so tired. Ruth Ann told me I should pray for you because that little guy can climb everywhere! Maybe Paul needs to take a vacation day and you check in at a motel and sleep all day and all night!! :-) How does that sound? The no nap thing sounds horrible. My kids took naps until they went to school. What happened to that Idea! The kids now a days don't think they need to sleep. I'm so glad I had my kids while they still thought they needed a nap! :-) I guess I WILL put you on my prayer list!!!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Lisel, I believe it when you say you are tired. Elliot requires a high energy caregiver, but he is so charming and his body build is one to be envied. I do admit, I sometimes shudder to think to what heights he might climb. I agree, he is double quick. It is none too soon to pray for God's protection over him. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Yep. Welcome to the club. The good news is that it DOES get better. Most nights both girls sleep 12 hours straight through. It's AWESOME.

Of course, I'm still tired.