Saturday, April 12, 2008

bribery DOES work


Owen was great. I picked him up at school and explained to him that we were going to the park for a little bit and then to the doctor. He looked at me and said "Ok!"

Then, at the doctor's office, he chatted with her, answered her questions and only got slightly tense when she pulled out these big swab looking things for a "tongue tickle". Turns out he's got strep throat, which we caught in the very beginning stages before he even had symptoms... The original neck pain was a pulled muscle (she could feel a knot in his neck still) but the new complaint was the first stage of strep, which we caught before it got really bad. So, we got him on amoxycillin and he's totally fine.... whew.

He was so brave, I was really impressed. Of course, the promise of ice cream and a trip to the park is a great incentive.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so grateful to get the good news and it sounds like Owen performed very admirably. Thank you, Owen, for being so helpful. I am guessing it helped the doctor to get your input as to how you were feeling. Good job! GG

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness, I didn't get the first one read before the second entry. I could have dreamed up a lot of awful things that it could have been! The picture of him eating an ice cream cone looks a great deal like Paul did a few years back. It is unreal!! Praise God our little boy is OK! Give Owen a great big hug from me for being so very good!!

Aunt Carol

Elaine said...

YAY! And yes, bribery does work well as long as you don't overuse it!