Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dear Blog

Well, it's a little hard to believe, but I started this little blog on April 8, 2006 when Owen was still only 2 1/2....Then here we were last year on April 10, 2007.

I can't believe all that's happened in the past two years, and yet at the same time it's exactly what I imagined life would hold. On the one hand, we can measure the quantifiable differences: we have two little boys instead of one (one who starts Kindergarten in the fall and can already write sentences and read books!), Paul has a new job, we have a new car.... But more important (much more important) we have a million small little moments from every day that on their own don't amount to much but collectively add up to a lifetime of contentment and happiness: Moments of repose (though rare), moments of thrills and spills, moments of pain and sorrow, moments of love and peace.

I love celebrating the days and hours of life with my two beautiful boys, and I love more than anything being able to look back at these old blog entries and remember....

It goes so fast, like every mother of every generation will tell you. Breathe it in, remember it, enjoy the moments.

Here is a special picture from this week to remind us that sometimes all we need is to sit back, relax and read a good book.... (being in your jammies definitely helps).



Here's to another year of blogging!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely accounting of things! You are so right in placing value on family relationships and enjoying the day to day. Thank you for sharing so many of those things in the blog. Reading your blog is definitely a highlight of our day. We love you all so much and we too thrill to see the boys thriving. They both have such beautiful little spirits about them - they just fun to be with. GG

Anonymous said...

This is as sweet as it gets. Look at that sweet little Elliot--such a calm, sweet, quiet little boy--reading books already!! Owen you are going to be the joy of your teacher. She is going to have a hard time keeping up with you. I just know she will love you to death!!!. Lisel, you are so good at enjoying the moment. Bless you! Enjoy every second. All too soon they are off to college.

Aunt Carol

Bethany said...

I love reading your blog, Lisel! It makes us feel like we aren't so far away from family. I also love looking at pictures of Owen and Elliot. This picture is especially sweet. Clara, too, likes looking at pictures of the boys--she now recognizes Owen's pictures immediately. So thanks for keeping us in touch with all the happenings of your family.