Tuesday, April 29, 2008

WARNING! it's not pretty


take a close look at this picture and see why it's been quiet on the blog-front lately:


scratch below left eye

bruise on left forehead

bruise on right forehead

snotty, drippy nose


what you can't see:


dent in the forehead between the two bruises

incoming molars that are lacerating his upper gum line


ummm, can you say "CLINGY"???????




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture is worth a thousand words! I thought, "I need to say a prayer for the mother, the father, and, Owen". Looking at the picture from my distance, I see the humor, but being up close and personal with the "blow by blow" (pardon the expression!) happenings, I understand the stress, the anxiousness, and the frustration. Thanks for hanging in there - he is definitely worth it. GG

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I should say--poor Elliot or poor Lisel!!! I have been praying for you Lisel! :-) He looks like a trump of a boy, though, so thanks for hanging in there!!! I know in your old age he is going to be right there for you. Surely he will remember all that you and Paul have done for him!!

God Bless!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Yes - it sure isn't pretty - but what is amazing is the big toothy smile he'll give you anyway, in spite of all the bungs and bangs and drips. What a kid!

Aunt Kirstie