At any rate, this morning before taking Elliot to his preschool co-op, and after he declined (not so politely) one more time to put on the lion outfit, I looked through the other options and threw something together at the last minute. Surprise, surprise -- Elliot took to the idea immediately and has been running around saying "Arggh!" all day while brandishing his foam sword.
Owen on the other hand is a tree. Yes, a TREE. Weeks ago when I was trying to help him make his decision, I was offering all sorts of ideas with which he semed singularly unimpressed. Finally, he decided he would be a tree and the design and execution of the costume was all his doing. (well, I worked the hot glue gun, but he came up with all the parts and decided how it should look). We went to his Elementary school Halloween party last weekend and there were some surprised looks as well as a few people voicing their shock at seeing something home-made. Yes, home-made! Since when do all Halloween costumes have to be superheroes? I love Owen's tree, especially because it's all his own idea.
This year, I located some fairy wings that I had made years ago that had been hiding in the garage, and became the Tooth Fairy. It was perfect timing too because Owen lost his SECOND tooth yesterday!!!!!! Wow. What a week!
Anyway, I hope everyone has fun this Halloween!
4 comments:
I have never posted a reply before and I'm very happy to make this one my first. I LOVE your tree costume, Owen. The only thing that makes me sad is to have not seen it in person. Hope you're all well. Happy Halloween!
Love,
Janet
Owen, what a great idea for a costume!! I, also, LOVE your tree costume. It is very well done, and I can see that you put a great deal of effort into the project. Elliot, you make a mighty sweetest little pirate. The Tooth Fairy looks VERY good as well. I'd say you pulled it all off very well. GG
Now that is as cute as it gets and it is original!!!! I have to praise you for all of the work and the originality of it all, but.......where is Paul in this scene!! :-) :-)We just need a video of Elliot saying Arggh and Owen saying what a tree says! :-) I love you guys!!!!
Aunt Carol
I think both boys (and mom)look wonderful! I love how original and creative you all were. Hope you had a wonderful Halloween! We miss you so much, but look forward to seeing you at Christmas!
Love, Aunt Kirstie
Post a Comment