Well, I survived the shows last week. I hobbled around on my broken toe a little, and had to wear matronly flats instead of the upscale high heels that my character's costume normally includes, but I made it through 7 shows and no-one in the audience seemed to notice.
Since some of you have asked here's a link to the show I've been working on: http://www.northcoastrep.org/season27/dinner.html. It's been doing phenomenally well and we were sold out all last week. The reviews have been great and we've extended through this week. It's not meaningful or deep or art with a capital A..... but it has been so much fun to do.
Anyway, I have one more week of shows and then I can concentrate on the fact that there are only 6 weeks until Christmas! Yikes! Also, I plan to finally upload all those photos I've been talking about since about August and our famous (infamous?) Michigan trip... Wow, I've put a lot of things on the backburner lately.
Anyway, I promise to give you some cute stories about Owen and Elliot soon. I'll leave you with this quick story: Paul had this great idea that Owen would really like Mr. Bean so we got some episodes to watch together. Oh, my, was he right. Both Owen and Elliot think he is pretty much the funniest guy on the planet..... and they have been practicing their Mr. Bean goofy faces and re-enacting his escapades all weekend. Especially this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4cmrMJul1g.
3 comments:
Congratulations on the success of the show and the good reviews. One of my co-workers told me there was a good review in the newspaper (I missed it :(). It's amazing that you pulled it off with aplomb in spite of a fractured toe. Good job.
I can see Owen getting the humor of Mr. Bean, but Elliot also enjoying the humor of his antics makes me laugh!
We look forward to the stories and pictures!! GG
I, too, am impressed that you pulled off that play successfully! I can see you having enough grit to make it through.
I played the Mr. Bean that you sent and when I got upstairs Bill asked what I was listening to. I think I'm going to have to bring him down to watch it. It is something that Bill would probably get red faced from laughing while watching!
It was good to hear from you again!!
Aunt Carol
I am sure you were wonderful! I can't believe I missed this one.
I can totally see Owen acting like Mr. Bean...he has a great knack for humor and timing. I can't wait to see some of his signature moves when we're home for Christmas!
Kirstie
Post a Comment