3. Having a week off of school and spending a large portion of it in the library.
4. Owen's first Soccer Clinic. In the past, he has only taken sport classes at the YMCA which are pretty general. But, since he has the whole of Thanksgiving week off from school, I thought it would be fun to enroll him in a day camp. I borrowed all the gear from a friend and the instant he put on the shin guards, the cleats, and the soccer shirt it was magic. He spent 3 hours at the camp just playing soccer, and when I picked him up, the first thing he said was "That was fun, can I do it again?" Ooooh, I am so becoming a soccer mom!
5. Our first week of truly winter weather (well, for San Diego). That means rain! If I lived in Seattle I'm sure I'd feel differently but I love the way earth smells after a rainstorm. So full of promise and life.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and the chance to share a wonderful meal with family and friends. I hope everyone out there in blog-reading land has a fantastic day of feasting and merriment celebrating community, family, love and happiness.
3 comments:
We are very thankful for having Owen, Elliot, Lisel and Paul in our lives...along with our many other family members and friends. Happy Thanksgiving!
Love, Aunt Kirsten and Uncle Joe
Today, I am remembering and being thankful for the memories of yesterday. I remember Elliot's mouth being perpetually full (to the brim) with raw broccoli gleaned from the relish tray (before the meal began!), I remember the place cards so painstakingly designed and printed by Owen, I remember piano music by Barb, and I remember the spectacular dishes prepared by everyone (outstanding first attempt at roasting a turkey, Lisel). For of this I am thankful. GG
Owen, you are making good good use of your week off!! Good for you! It sounds like Ruth Ann had a great time on Thanksgiving even with a broken wrist!! Cheers to Lisel for even trying her hand at a turkey. I think Owen and Elliot are so fortunate that they have a mother that will let them paint and make a bit of a mess. That looked like enough fun for even Aunt Carol to get involved!!! The Library is a great place to find some fun things to do!!! Julie use to run into the Library and go skidding on her knees up to her favorite area. That was when she was about 3!!!
We had good food and good times on Thanksgiving. All were here except Jeff, Margo and little precious Summer. It was too close to Margo's due date! Brian brought a wii game for the kids and did they ever love that. In spite of having one ugly cold I enjoyed the day. We weren't in for fancy decorations on the table---just good homemade food did the job!! It is so comfortable having family! :-)
Aunt Carol
Post a Comment