It's not all fun in the sun in California. It's also fun in the snow!

A few weekends ago we went up to the mountains at Big Bear (about 3 hours driving time) at the invitation of some lovely friends whose sister had a cabin on the lake that slept 8-12 and wouldn't we love to join them? Uh, YEAH!!!!!!!! Sebastian and Jennifer --- thank you, thank you , thank you! It was beautiful and cold and snowy and so much fun. Elliot continues to tell stories of his toboggan rides with Daddy at BIIIIIIG BEAR (as he calls it).
For some reason, I didn't take out my camera the entire time. I guess I was enjoying myself too much? Well, there was a roaring fire, popcorn, plenty of hot chocolate, and a Sunday NY Times crossword puzzle book that was begging me to work on it, and I did go to bed at 9pm, so my camera never made it into the surroundings. 
Luckily, Sebastian's oldest daughter took many wonderful shots and has generously forwarded them to me. Thanks Kristen C. for the exquisite shots and the chance to share them with my family! Kristen got so many great photos, including Elliot's attempt to make out with our hosts' youngest daughter Sofia ( what is it about toddler love that is SO adorable?).
For some reason, I didn't take out my camera the entire time. I guess I was enjoying myself too much? Well, there was a roaring fire, popcorn, plenty of hot chocolate, and a Sunday NY Times crossword puzzle book that was begging me to work on it, and I did go to bed at 9pm, so my camera never made it into the surroundings. 
Luckily, Sebastian's oldest daughter took many wonderful shots and has generously forwarded them to me. Thanks Kristen C. for the exquisite shots and the chance to share them with my family! Kristen got so many great photos, including Elliot's attempt to make out with our hosts' youngest daughter Sofia ( what is it about toddler love that is SO adorable?).
4 comments:
How fun! And great action shots. The snow is gorgeous at Biiig Bear. No doubt Elliot took the opportunity to RUN to his heart's content and the hug is adorable. So cute! GG
Looks like you could be in Anchorage, although we don't have the beautiful sunshine like that! What a fun time for all - glad everyone got a chance to relax and let loose! Kirstie
Looks like you could be in Anchorage, although we don't have the beautiful sunshine like that! What a fun time for all - glad everyone got a chance to relax and let loose! Kirstie
Oh my goodness, it looks like you came to Michigan!!! Maybe we can be next on the agenda!!?? I'm not even tempted to go out and have such fun with 8 below zero and all!! It surely looked like fun though. I'm so glad you got to do that!
Aunt Carol
Post a Comment