Well, this holiday has been filled to the brim with family visits, wonderful celebrations, truly thoughtful gifts and good times.
These moments I'm particularly fond of:

*Owen's electronic set from Dzia Dzia and Grandma Fran with which Owen is obsessed and can't seem to put away. He opened the box and immediately devoured the instruction booklet and started putting circuits together. Future engineer in training!

* A special visit from Aunt Kirsten and Uncle Joe which included many bongo drum and recorder sessions ( thanks for the musical instruments, K & J) and a visit to the good old San Diego Zoo. Here's a
link to their blog and some pictures of our adventures.

*Paul taking some extra days off so we could enjoy the beautiful weather and take time to drink deeply of the sunshine and the company.

*Elliot's new Hammer which belongs to his new tool set which somehow manages to fix every item in the house whether or not it's broken.
Most of all, we are grateful for the health and safety of our family especially to our sister-in-law
Bethany who is recovering from an unpleasant and scary hospital stay, and to Paul's dad Elmer who had his own health concerns these past few days.
More than anything , we love the company and continued happiness of our family. Although this sounds very much like a greeting card sentiment, it means more now than ever: Here's to a 2009 filled with health and happiness and peace and love.
3 comments:
It looks like fun was had by all!!! What cute pictures. That electrical circuit thing looks interesting! I bet Owen was indeed interested. What a cool gift. Elliot is growing and changing. He is more like a little boy than a baby. Wow, kids change so quickly! I enjoyed your sister's pictures---at least I think that was your sister. It looks like you had a fun holiday season. It was good to see pictures of your dad again. Let's see, were there any pictures of Fran--I'll have to go back and look. I hope you have a wonderful new year. God go with you!
Aunt Carol
Well said, Lisel. And I love the pictures of the boys enjoying life. Clara had SUCH fun with you all on Saturday. She told me how Owen sang her lullabies before nap and how he can ride a bike, "just like in Do-re-mi!" (The Sound of Music) Yesterday morning she begged to go se Elliot again. And when she came home, she told me, "Aunt Lisel is a nice, nice woman."
Best wishes for your family for 2009!
This is a great entry, Lisel. Thanks for taking the time and sending all the pictures. I am thinking that with Owen and his new electronic set, you should soon have your house completely buzzed!! His concentration is obvious in the picture. And Elliot does not lag far behind on his concentration with that hammer. I love it. GG
Post a Comment