We spent quite a bit of time at the polar bear enclosure.
We ate a picnic lunch while watching Shamu do his show, and then we spent some time hanging out in the toddler playground which has recently been renovated as "The Sesame Street Bay of Play" complete with rides and costume characters. Elliot is in love with Elmo, and I saw his biggest smile of the year erupt from the absolute joy coursing through his body when he saw Elmo in person. Elliot ran over to him and gave him the BIGGEST hug ever.
That alone was quite possibly his favorite birthday present. Ask him about it, and he will tell you all about this day: eating lunch with Shamu, giving Elmo a big hug. Absolutely wonderful. Then we had birthday cake after dinner, which the boys helped decorate.
Then, on Sunday we had family and friends over for a more official birthdy celebration and, yes, some more chocolate cake. Click here to see more pictures.
And now my youngest son is 2. 
7 comments:
Elliot, you are absolutely adorable. And your second birthday sounds just about perfect. Thanks for posting the pictures, Lisel. We really enjoyed them!
Elliot, I agree with Aunt Bethany, you are adorable. The pictures of your celebration at the zoo as well as the pictures of your birthday party are fun to look at. We had such fun at your party! GG
Amen to all of the above!!! What fun!! It looks like you had at least one good day in February!! Elliot you are so very fortunate to have a mom that will let you have such a very special day. It all looked perfect to me. Right now I think I would like a taste of that wonderful looking train cake! I wish you many many sweet birthdays like this one, Elliot! You were pretty precious in your pictures!!!
Aunt Carol
Oops! I reviewed this entry again (including the pictures) and I should have said, "The pictures of your celebration at Sea World."
GG
What a wonderful day (and week) you had for your birthday Elliot! You looked like you were having so much fun. Isn't it great being 2? We love you!
Aunt Kirstie and Uncle Joe
What a wonderful day! Looks like Elmo had as much fun as Elliot did! So glad it was the perfect day for him. And of course marvelous pictures of Elliot's "official" birthday party. Nothing like yummy chocolate cake covering the birthday boy from top to bottom!
What a wonderful boy you are, Elliot!
Oh, that is the best picture ever! (that last one, of course). Congrats, Mama.
Post a Comment