Owen is so excited about counting, and reading, and writing, and drawing, and building, and pretty much everything.... it must be so amazing to be almost 6. All avenues are open and all roads lead to more roads. That kind of optimism and ambition and desire and drive is just what this world needs. I know it's been said many times (yes and "many ways" to quote Nat King Cole), but children really are the future. Let's just say the future looks so bright when I see how Owen embraces every second of his day and every drop of newfound knowledge.
This evening our local Science Museum had a Member's Only preview of their newest exhibit "Motion Mania".... Paul worked late so I took both boys and we ran (literally, in Elliot's case) from exhibit to exhibit learning about motion and how things work the way they do. I saw right away what Owen's favorite thing would be. Against one wall was this huge Rube Goldberg-like contraption that moved balls around, up and down with levers, drops, spirals, you name it. Owen was mesmerized and probably looked at every inch of that thing trying to memorize how it worked. We would go off to another thing, and pretty soon he'd say "I just want to go back to that gear thing again!" And off like a shot he'd go to see the magic in front of him.
Later as we drove home, he couldn't stop talking about it and when I mentioned that Daddy might take him back there on Sunday, Owen positively beamed and glowed with excitement! "YEAH!!!!! That would be PERFECT!!!!!!"
It looks like Father's Day is planned!
3 comments:
This is precious! His little brain picks up everything!!! Praise God for giving the people all of this wisdom to create things that make our life better and easier. Owen will be right there amongst the best of them but we must give God the credit! What a great day you had!!
Aunt Carol
Elmer and I are continually impressed with Owen's curiosity, enthusiasm, and ability. He is amazing in so many sweet little ways, and it has not escaped us how loving he is to Elliot. I can see both of them completely taken with this wonderland of machinery. I have no problem believing that Elliot kept up with best of you. He knows how to get from point A to point B faster then just about anybody I know. How fun to watch him. GG
That must have been such a cool exhibit - I would have been right there with Owen exploring each little movement and activity. And of course Elliot was running from one place to another... he is just a dynamo in a little package!
So glad you all had fun and that they'll get to explore it some more!
Hugs, Nana
Post a Comment