Last night we had some tears and fear and nervousness, so I braced myself for a difficult morning. But when Owen woke up he was all excitement and expectation. We got to school, he walked in and found his new name tag tucked into his brand new math book and then I couldn't wipe the grin off his face. His friends from last year shouted "Hi, Owen!!!!" as they saw him, and Owen settled happily down at his desk.
I gave him a hug and found myself choking up a little as i wished him a great day. I had expected him to be a little sad (like he was last year) and I confess it was almost harder for me to accept that he was ok.... Better for him. Harder for me. He is growing up so very fast. And I'm so proud of him...
I picked hm up after school and he kept going on and on about how great his teacher (Mr. Doerner) is. When I asked him his favorite part of the day he answered "Everything!"
Wow. What a difference a year makes.
6 comments:
Oh Owen, Bless you!! God go with you for just a terrific year!!! It is so cool how you love to learn!!! I love you, Owen!!!
Aunt Carol
I am so happy that you like Mr. Doerner. I would wager to say that he has already realized that you are a very special young man, too. You are a very sweet first grader and you have a great opportunity to learn. Grandpa and Grandma love to watch you taking an interest your world. God bless you, Owen. GG
I am so happy that you like Mr. Doerner. I would wager to say that he has already realized that you are a very special young man, too. You are a very sweet first grader and you have a great opportunity to learn. Grandpa and Grandma love to watch you taking an interest your world. God bless you, Owen. GG
I am so happy that you like Mr. Doerner. I would wager to say that he has already realized that you are a very special young man, too. You are a very sweet first grader and you have a great opportunity to learn. Grandpa and Grandma love to watch you taking an interest your world. God bless you, Owen. GG
WOW!!!!!!
love,
Dzia Dzia
So tickled that you are in a class with a teacher you like so much! When I asked you the other day what you liked about Mr. Doerner, you could only keep saying that he was really nice and a good teacher. Those two characteristics are enough in my book! and obviously in yours too, Owen!
Hugs,
Nana
Post a Comment