Here is a very small snippet of conversation I had with Elliot a few days ago, while playing with a Lego spaceship he built. I hastily tried write it down, in an attempt to capture his words -- but, honestly you are missing his priceless energy in the telling. He emphasizes and contorts his face to convey emotion, and uses a funny "I'm pretending" voice when he's playing a character. It's too much to capture via typed words, but here is the excerpt I managed to catch:
Elliot: The spaceship is going to outer space, to planet, um.... planet 51!!!!!!!!!
Me: Oh, ok. That sounds great!
Elliot: You need a tour of the rocket ship!
Me: Can you give me a tour?
Elliot: (turning away in a huff) No, I can't I'm busy. (with pride) I'm making a LIST!!!!
Me: A list of what?
Elliot: (as if speaking to a very old and slow dog) A list of THINGS!!!!!!!!!
Me: What's on your list?
Elliot: PEANUT BUTTER!!!!! and JAM!!!!!! and a FIRE ENGINE!!!!! toy for you. (getting a brilliant idea) You need something at the store!!!!! I'm going to bring them home and play with you and then I'm going back to the store. BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (running off to the other room).
Really, I don't think that is even enough exclamation points for the way he said it.
4 comments:
Oh, Elliot, I think you need to come and visit Uncle Bill and Aunt Carol. We need all of that imagination and exuberance around here!! What a delight you are to your mom and dad!! I have a feeling you are a lot like your dad but than I also have a feeling that your mom and dad were very similar growing up!! What fun you are going to be for a school teacher some day! Too bad that wasn't all recorded on a video!
Aunt Carol
You tell it very well, Lisel. I can pretty well imagine the feeling put into this little dialogue. Elliot seems to have a natural ability for expression and drama. (wonder where that comes from?!). He is adorable to this Grandpa and Grandma. We love you, Elliot. GG
I can totally picture the conversation and the emphasis! Thanks for sharing - it brought a smile to my face. Kirstie
I can just see that face wrinkling up as he concentrates on his "list." Too cute for words... and you captured it beautiful! So articulate that young'un!
Nana
Post a Comment