Here we are coming to the end of October..... breathe in and breathe out. The days are so very full and busy..... we are all having a great time here, I'm just not finding any time to update this here blog and for that I apologize.... I will try to give you some updates of our goings on now.
Owen has been loving school, and is busy with a morning jogging club twice a week, an after school Theatre Class and T-Ball Games on the weekend. This is actually one of my favorite times of the week, when we all sit together watching Owen play. 

Here's Owen sliding into Home!!!!!
Now that Owen's in First Grade, he has daily math and spelling homework that he is so excited to do, he frequently pulls out his folder and starts his homework in the car as we are heading back home after picking him up. I have to tell him to wait, relax, wait until we get home and have a snack ! But no, he says, wait until you see my subtraction worksheet! The Zero Rule! And did you know about the Doubles Plus One strategy for addition????? He is doing great in First Grade and he was recognized at a student assembly for Excellence in Academics and Citizenship for the month of September. We couldn't be prouder. 
And Elliot... well, what can I say, he is a bundle of unbridled enthusiasm. He is enjoying his co-op preschool, loves digging in our garden and playing with his legos and reading books and pretty much everything. That kid is never bored. He truly creates his own entertainment where ever he goes.... Here he is at a recent trip to the zoo:
Can you remember the last time you grinned that wide? Sometimes I have to remind myself what it must be like for him, that the world is a huge rollercoaster with new exciting experiences every single moment of the day. No wonder he sleeps so well at night, he really LIVES each day. And then there are little tidbits like this: the other day in the car Owen was taking things out of his back pack and took out a small travel pack of Kleenex.. Elliot asked me "What's Owen doing? Owen, what are you doing? Owen, can I have one of your Bless You's? Mommy, Can I have one of Owen's Bless You's?????" When I realized what he was talking about I couldn't stop laughing at the idea.... Of course Kleenex's should be called Bless You's! Why didn't anyone think of that before?
Anyway, this week promises to be even busier with Halloween preparations and train rides and school carnivals -- and did I mention I'm doing a show 5 days a week? Yeah, busy. But good.
4 comments:
Oh congratulations Owen! You are such a bright boy, always so curious and willing to learn. Of course you're proud of him - what parents wouldn't be?
And I know first hand how absolutely "engaged" Elliot is with life. He relishes every single moment, just as you described. Couldn't ask for two more delightful children!
LOVE those boys!
Nana Liana
These boys are truly wonderful! We love the stories and the pictures - thank you for sharing their amazingness! We love you all and miss you!
Love, Aunt Kirstie and Uncle Joe
Owen, I just knew you would be a great student in 1st grade!! All of these new things are so exciting! I'm so glad you love my favorite subject, math!! There are so many wonderful things to learn in math!! I bet you will stay fascinated with it all the way through college!
Elliot, if all of us saw the world as such an exciting place to live we could enjoy life more. You are going to be such an explorer!! I bet you are going to learn by doing hands on type of things! It is a fortunate teacher that gets you two boys!!!
Aunt Carol
Owen, you are amazing. You have so much to offer and you extend yourself to other so wonderfully. We are very proud for both of your awards. Your mathematical genius is obvious in many ways and you have such a sweet humbleness regarding your abilities. We Congratulate you.
Elliot, your grin make me smile all over inside and out. I just love to watch you taking off on the run to every new adventure. There is not a nook or a cranny that is left unexplored when you are around. I also love the "bless yous" It's perfect! And I am not sure why this name has not been adopted until now. GG
Post a Comment