Monday was a day off school for Martin Luther King Day, so we spent a lovely afternoon doing what we do best here in Southern California: going to the beach....
Monday, January 24, 2011
Beach and Science
What a week we had last week!
Monday was a day off school for Martin Luther King Day, so we spent a lovely afternoon doing what we do best here in Southern California: going to the beach....


Then, Thursday was the big event: Owen's Science Fair at his school. Owen has chosen his own project every year so far: in Kindergarten he learned how to "Make your Own Paper" out of recycled newspaper, in First Grade he "Graphed the Growth of a Seedling", and this year he was exceptionally proud of his idea "Aeronautics: How Flight Works". The night was crowded with friends and family coming to see all the cool projects from all the creative elementary kids. And Owen had that quiet, self-satisfied look on his face that he gets when he's really proud of something. Way to go, kid! 

Monday was a day off school for Martin Luther King Day, so we spent a lovely afternoon doing what we do best here in Southern California: going to the beach....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, my word, Owen, I think you will be way ahead of Aunt Carol in another years!!! Yipes, maybe I had better start studying!!! You go little man! God may use you to do something big some day! I love you!
Aunt Carol
Owen, we loved seeing your wonderful Science Fair Project. It was obvious that you had put a great deal of effort in putting it all together, AND you did a beautiful job of explaining it all to your friends and family. We think you are a VERY special young man. Much love! GG
Owen - congratulations on a very succesful science fair project! It is obvious how much effort you put into it and even though I couldn't be there in person, your explanation on the phone of what you did was spot on and so articulate - it's as if I could see it anyway. I'm so proud of you! Love, Aunt Kirsten
Post a Comment