Friday, January 14, 2011

Owen's poem

The Tree, January 2011

In my backyard there is a tree.
And in the tree there is a hole.
In that hole there is a squirrel.
With that squirrel there are some nuts.
The squirrel eats the nuts.

Above the squirrel there is a hole.
A hole of owl feathers and 3 babies.
Here comes mother owl.
It is cozy.

The seasons change and time goes by.
The leaves fall off.
And grow back.

A crow comes and builds a nest, with the owl and the squirrel.

I have no more to tell you now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Owen, your poem is fantastic! I honestly believe you could get that published! Thanks, Lisel, for posting! I bet if you met Uncle Bill's bees you could do a great poem on them, too!!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Owen, your backyard tree sounds like a lovely, cozy neighborhood. No wonder the "wise old owl" decided to move in with her babies. Your poem is beautiful and it makes me happy to read it!

Anonymous said...

Sorry...forgot to sign my note. GG

Anonymous said...

Owen - that is so creative, I can see it all happening without even being there. Great job! Love you, Aunt Kirsten

HT said...

And so the "Collected Works of Owen Goetz" begins... Lovely.