Saturday, November 19, 2011

Halloween Pictures

We had a lovely Halloween trick or treating in the old/new neighborhood. Did I mention that we moved to a house around the corner? We still get all the wonderful neighborhood pluses of great neighbors and a really welcoming area, but now we have more than one bathroom! (Along with a lot of other nice pluses that come with a bigger house, like a dining room.....)


After much deliberation ( literally changing his mind several times a DAY leading up to Halloween) I force Elliot to finally decide what his costume would be. Master Yoda is the result. I hand drew the mask and glued it to cardboard and then taped it onto some kid's sunglasses without the lenses in, so he could see through it. Very low budget and kind of cool. Also, that cloak I whipped up on my sewing machine in about 10 minutes. We are not talking quality here, but luckily when you are 4 years old quality comes pretty low on the totem pole of must have items.




Then, we had Captain Hook. Owen has been reading the Peter and the Starcatchers series (it's a prequel/backstory to Peter Pan) and he loves the adventures. Also, Paul has loved reading them at night to the boys because they are written with lots of fun characters and adventures, and believe me Paul really gets into the voices of these pirates. Really awesome serial reading. And fun to listen to as I'm washing dishes or cleaning up from dinner...


Regarding this costume, though, this is probably the most angelic and sweet faced Captain Hook ever. We took so long deciding on Elliot's costume that a few days before Halloween I realized I didn't have anything for Owen except a borrowed hat from a costume designer friend of ours. Luckily, off the rack this costume came complete with hook and leggings that look like boots -- and voila! everyone was satisified.






A little before shot at our new front door.







And, the requisite pumpkin carving party a few nights earlier.....


I hope your Halloween was fun too!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the costumes! I looked at Master Yoda and I thought, Elliot big eye nearly fill the opening in the mask, but bigness is the only resemblence to yoda's bug eyes. I much prefer Elliot's big blue eyes. You are right about Captain Hook's angelic, sweet face. Owen is much too handsome to be a real pirate, but he certainly looks fabulous in that costume. I see we get smatterings of the new house in each picture. It looks great as well. We will be looking for more to come. GG

Aunt Carol said...

Great job on costumes! Yes, captain Hooks does look far more angelic than I had pictured him! :-) These boys are blessed with a creative mom!!!! I love you all!

Aunt Carol

Aunt Carol said...

Oops. I'm not Mom nor grandma!!

Aunt Carol