We had such a lovely Thanksgiving feast ( which we managed to take no pictures of, unfortunately).
There was feasting and conversing and visiting and more feasting. The next day we decided to go for a hike to work off some turkey, and managed to pick the spot everyone else in San Diego decided to work off their turkey in as well. It was so crowded! We managed to shoo people out of the way to snap this family picture before giving up and hiking back down the mountain. On the one hand, I was heartened to see that many people deliberately not participating in the dreaded mall-crush of Black Friday. But I longed for(still long for) a secluded stroll in forest pines. And yes, I realize how lucky we are to be in 70 degree sunny weather the day after Thanksgiving!
At any rate, later that weekend we also snapped these pictures. Although they are rejects from the annual impromptu amateur Christmas card photo shoot we do every year, I like them enough to share them all with you.
And now we head into December. I love this time of year as we all circle around our loved ones and mindfully reflect on gratitude and family and the passing of seasons.
3 comments:
Lisel, you are such a gifted writer! Beautifully expressed, and the pictures are indeed wonderful! Nana Liana
What a sweet write up! I love the family picture and I totally love the picture of your men! you have a handsome looking group of guys! We are now 19 when we get together! Yikes look how we multiplied! We started out with brunch at Peggy's to celebrate Josie's and Brian's birthdays! We tried to do only two meals by eating breakfast late and dinner early! It didn't work!!! Those stinken kids knew they got cheated out of a meal and were back for snacks right after we got done with dishes! Good times!
Aunt Carol
I agree with the fact that you are in deed a beautiful writer, Lisel, and we are blessed to have the benefit of these blog entries. Thanksgiving was of pleasant time of tasty morsels and conversation beyond measure (someday I must learn how to make your crackers. Lisel). If you would like to publish these treasures, I am quite certain you could get Owen and Elliot to give testimonials for the advertising. It was a huge blessing being together to celebrate our thanksgiving for all of you. GG
Post a Comment