I made a conscious decision to step away from the computer a little more over the last few months. What a feeling! I've read more books in the last 4 months than in the last 4 years, I think! I've been able to bake more, spend more time with the kids and Paul and shorten my "To Do" list measurably. I still feel overwhelmed sometimes by all the things that I feel must be accomplished each day, but by factoring in quality "Me" time (although I really dislike the greediness and selfishness of that phrase) I do feel more content with where I am in my family and home and work life here in the beginning of 2013.
I'm not really a resolution maker when it comes to the New Year, but I always find time to clarify my intentions. This year looks like this:
2013 Intentions
1. Read.
2. Get outside.
3. Nourish existing friendships by scheduling social time.
4. Invite friends over for dinner.
So far this has been very satisfying. It seems odd to have to write on a list "Schedule time with friends" but those of you with young kids know that you have to schedule it or it somehow NEVER happens. Right?
Of course, the down side is I have done no blog posting since November of last year and of course there is much to tell about Life with Owen and Elliot.
Here's hoping the new balance I'm striving for in my home and work life can include some photos and anecdotes about our busy days.
Thank you all for sticking with me!
-Lisel
3 comments:
Have missed your commentaries, because they are both informative and such a delight to read good, articulate English! And what you are doing is ever so much more important, tending to self and family. So proud of you Lisel!
Nana Liana
We, too, have missed your lovely blog entries, but we do understand your busy life. We welcome you back and look forward to the up coming reports of all that makes up a day at your household. GG
Oh, dear, Lisel, you forgot something on that list! You forgot to include a trip Michigan!! Surely that is in there some place!! I love you a bunch!!!!!
Aunt Carol
Post a Comment