16,894 steps. 8.463 miles
SEATTLE AQUARIUM. FERRY TO WEST SEATTLE & ALKI BEACH.
The aquarium was sort of fun, but we were attacked by school groups. We thought going mid-week would be a good way to avoid the crowds. Boy, were we wrong... school groups are much worse because there are fewer adults per children and kids go crazy on field trips. I guess I remember that when I was a kid, too. Wow. We got out of there as fast as we could and took the ferry over to West Seattle where we wandered around Alki Beach and spent the afternoon throwing rocks into Puget Sound. Pure bliss. I think Owen could spend his life throwing rocks in to water!
Day 5: June 7th
21,831 steps. 10.937 miles.
TOP POT DOUGHNUTS. QUEEN ANNE HILL. FREMONT. GASWORKS PARK.
We started off eating the most delicious doughnuts I have ever tasted, then we proceeded to walk almost 11 miles! We were still just carrying Owen with us when he wasn't walking himself... either on Paul's shoulders or in the piggy-back carrier. Owen was a real trooper -- we were leaving the hotel around 8:30 every morning and not returning until dinner time and he was catching naps here and there while we walked.
No comments:
Post a Comment