Thursday, June 29, 2006

eventually I'll get all the pics up...

Day 7: June 9th

21,837 steps. 10.94 miles.

BURKE GILMAN TRAIL. THE LOCKS. DISCOVERY PARK.

Since this was our last day in Seattle, we wanted to go back to some spots we really liked and spend more time. We headed back to Fremont and walked along the Burke Gilman trail all the way to the locks which connect Lake Washington to Puget Sound. These locks were so cool! I wasn't sure how long we would stay looking at them, but Owen didn't want to leave. He loved watching the boats going through the locks.

Total Seattle Walking:

111,720 steps. 55.968 miles.

Day 8: June 10th

Well, I didn't keep the paper that I logged our miles on for the weekend, so you'll just get the pictures and commentary... We were up really early to catch the Victoria Clipper to British Columbia. Owen met a woman on the boat who was nice to him and he offered her this information : "We're from Earth! In San Diego!" (He got a solar system floor puzzle at the Seattle Science Center and had been putting it together every night in our hotel room.... he fancies himself quite the solar system expert by now...)

So, I know that THE Most Popular tourist destination in Victoria is the Butchart Gardens, which I've heard is the flower lover's dream... But we decided not to go, because all I could see in my mind's eye was Owen going off the paths into the manicured flower beds and us spending the afternoon saying "NO!!!!". So, we decided instead to just wander around the inner harbor of Victoria and found a lovely park that we all could ramble in to his heart's content.

No comments: