Friday, June 16, 2006

Home again, home again...

Well, we made it. We got home Monday night (really late).

The trip was FANTASTIC! Seattle was a great place to go with a toddler and we couldn't have asked for better weather! We walked over 50 miles... took over 300 pictures... drank a lot of delicious Seattle coffee... and had some truly wonderful moments. I won't bore you with all the pictures ( I'll try and link to them later if you want to be a glutton for punishment and scroll through them all).

Instead, I think I will give you the highlights day by day. Now, I will warn you that I am a historian's daughter and therefore have some statistics (thanks to my trusty pedometer) that I think will help tell the story (This may take a while).

Day One: June 3rd. Travel Day.
We didn't leave San Diego until late Saturday evening, but the highlight of the day was Owen on the plane playing with some recently discovered (by him) Legos that we had squirreled away at home. It was the perfect plane toy! Plus we got the bulkead seat which was a true bonus. This was the first airplane ride we've taken without Owen's car seat. So much easier!!!!! Owen was so excited to be buckled in his own seat and he watched the "Fasten Your Seatbelt" sign very carefully to make sure he was following the pilots orders.


Day Two: June 4th.

14,796 steps. 7.412 miles

PIKE PLACE MARKET. ELLIOT BAY WATERFRONT. LAKES AND LOCKS CRUISE.

I have a backpack carrier for Owen that folds up and fits in a bag, so Paul and I decided to use that primarily while on the trip so that we didn't have to lug the stroller around town as we explored. I am so glad we brought it! This was our first day in Seattle, so we hit the usual sights... I will say that I think we dropped a coin into every single fountain and body of water in Seattle.

ok, for some reason I'm having trouble adding more pictures at this moment, so i will post this message and try again later. I think this trip will be brought to you in installments!!!!!

to be continued...

No comments: