Monday, September 11, 2006

More new things....

Let's see...it's been a really busy week since last Monday. Mostly because Owen has not napped all week. Yes, we've been here before and Paul always tells me not to worry that it's temporary BUT....

I left him in his room for "quiet time" today and after 30 minutes he opened the door to show me the project he'd been working on. He had methodically taken every book out of his bookshelf and stacked it on his rocking chair. He has a LOT of books so that is more impressive than it sounds.

I told him he had to stay in there for another 30 minutes and now he's having some rather in depth conversation with himself and ???? consisting of a lot of "NO! NO! NO!" and "OW! OW! OW!" followed by a profusion of giggles. I don't even want to think about what he's doing that will need to be undone, but I refuse to open the door until the time is up.

Luckily I'm well rested to handle this new "nap"time because Paul and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary this past weekend in the most luxurious and relaxing vacation I've had since... well, since before Owen was born. My mom spent the weekend with Owen -- while Paul and I went to Los Angeles for 2 NIGHTS!!!!! It was tremendously enjoyable. The hotel was fantastic, the days were unscheduled and we actually spent time at the Getty admiring the art! A true celebration. Thanks Mom! And thanks to Paul for 5 wonderful years.

2 comments:

Lisel said...

update: at 5 minutes to go inhis scheduled seclusion time Owen opened the door and asked if his time was up. i told him he had 5 more minutes and closed the door. 5 minutes later no noise came from his room so I decided to let him figure out time was up instead of going in there. 1 hour later I peeked in and saw he had fallen asleep sprawled out on his bed! He ended up sleeping for a total of almost 2 hours and when he came out of his room I asked him if he'd fallen asleep. He said "No, I was just playing with my stuffed animals on my bed". i don't think wanted to admit that I WON!!!! Mwahahahahahahahahahaha....

We'll see what happens today.

Anonymous said...

Whatever works. He was obviously playing with his friends with his eyes closed. Good for you. By the way congratulations on your fifth wedding anniversary. See you soon.

dzia dzia