Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Me time?

Owen is currently digging tons of dirt in the backyard and repositioning it -- who knows where. I on the other hand am perfecting the ability to hold a baby in a sling, while simultaneously bouncing on the exercise/balance ball and typing with one hand. Just call me multitasking diva extraordinaire.

I have noticed that Owen is doing a lot more exploring with his toys and my threshold for control has waned significantly since Elliot came along. So he's digging in the garden, so what? so he's found the hole punch and is quite possibly punching holes in our tax documents which I foolishly left on the desk in the office, so what? so he's taking every single coin from his "treasure chest" and placing it in various niches and crevices round the house including the vacuum, so what? (these are all true stories)...

at least I have some me time with my bouncing ball and my blog! Woohoo!

yesterday I was nursing Elliot in the bedroom and heard a huge disconcerting clatter in the living room. I yelled out :"Owen! what's going on?" to which Owen replied:

"Nothing!!!! I'm NOT making a mess!!!! I'm NOT!!!!!"

ahhhhh, if only it were true.

Owen just called out to me to join him in his "gardening" and Elliot seems to have finally passed out.

Me time, signing off....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I concur, Owen is very creative with his play. I noticed the hole punch on his "desk" (aka-the ottoman in the den), and it appeared from the confetti in the area that he was quite handy with the tool. I'm quite sure there was any hole punching on our watch today, however. Honest! We were too busy drawing the universe!:)

Grandma G

Anonymous said...

How could Owen make a mess? Impossible, he is just exploring.

I understand that perfectly.

love,

Dzia Dzia

Anonymous said...

The smile is so rewarding, no? Bethany will touchdown in San Diego in less than 2 months, and I'll come soon after. We can hardly wait to see the boys. Who knows? Clara might develop a taste for gardening (she'll put everything in sight in her mouth).

Jess said...

Eh, this is Owen's way of telling you to e-file.

DaveW said...

Mess? What mess? We're still cleaning up stuff the kids left around ten years ago. Eventually you decide that if everyone is alive and has all their limbs and organs at the end of the day, that's a job well done. -- Uncl'Dave