Thursday, March 01, 2007

Two 1/2 weeks...

Well, I do plan on ultimately reorganizing this blog to accomodate the new family member. But until I figure out the fastest and easiest way to do that, I will continue to update you here as best I can...




Needless to say I have a lot of things I could post about! The problem is remembering them all when I actually have time to sit and type at the computer. Right now, Owen is "helping" me type by using my leg as a computer and typing his own message on my thigh. He just "clicked and sent" about 5 messages already so that means I don't have a ton of time to keep typing my own before he will clamor to do something else...

Long story short: things are going great. Paul went back to work on Monday and since then Owen, Elliot and I have been trying to figure out how to live with each other. Elliot seems pretty easy so far ( is that my expectations that have changed or could I possibly have a good sleeper on my hands?). i've been getting 3-4 hour stretches of sleep at night and he takes solid 2-3 hour naps during the day so i have actually had some time to wash dishes and do laundry and clean up the house ( you know, all the fun stuff that moms get to do)......

Owen wants me to type this for you: "Elliot I love you! Elliot talks when he opens his mouth. he says Mommy, can you bring some milk for me? uhhhh, thank you! That's all I want to say."

Thanks for the blog input, Owen! Owen's a funny guy and I love how he doesn't seem to be bothered by Elliot's wailing ( the car seat is not Elliot's favorite place to be). Let's just say that taking Owen to preschool this week was a loud experience as Owen and I tried to sing to keep Elliot from being so upset during the ride.

Anyway, that's all for now. Here are some pictures taken over the last few days. Elliot has grown so big already I barely recognize him from his first few days.....

Last Sunday hanging out on the couch:


Our first family outing to the train museum:
Brothers!!!!

A rare moment of peace before he realizes the injustice of being strapped into the car seat:

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Man! Those two are wicked cute!

Sounds like you're all settling right into life with tiny Elliot. Hang in there, Mama! It only gets easier.

And we had the car seat issue with Anya as well. Lasted about three months. May it be shorter for you!