*Note my incredible ability to chop apricots with a very sharp knife while holding onto Elliot? My arms have never been as toned as they are right now!
Anyway, I sort of missed a day in there somewhere so I'm calling this Day 7/8 which brings us to the conclusion of my weeklong "Everyday Photos" set. Hope you liked it! It was fun to try and post every day and to be diligent about uploading pictures from the camera... and to notice how many little things go on throughout the day that make our lives so rich and happy.....
Of course, the moments that happen everyday that are not suitable for a photo essay are too numerous to mention... i.e. the look on Elliot's face as he's nursing to sleep -- like a person lost in the desert who happens upon a fresh clear stream..... or the moments where Elliot climbs on top of me and Owen climbs on top of me too and we sort of sit there doing a sort of wrestle/cuddle (as much as you can cuddle two little monkeys).... or the moments where I pull Elliot off the fireplace for the 20th time, or off the oven for the 10th time, or off whatever he's climbed onto and he acts like I just ruined his life... or the gleeful giggle I hear from Elliot when Owen is entertaining his brother -- like yesterday when we played hide and seek and Elliot walked all around the house like a windup toy (slow and steady, step by step) and then jumped for joy when he spotted Owen.... aahhh, Every Day.
3 comments:
Yum! apricot oatmeal cookies! This looks like a great community project and the end product is a tasty payoff. The day to day happenings that are not documented with photos sound very precious as well. Keep them vividly in your memory and thanks for sharing at least the written memory of them. GG
Wow!! what a week of pleasures and precious moments. Enjoy every second! All to soon they are off to collage!
Aunt Carol
Thanks for sharing the photos. We have really enjoyed them. I loved reading about your everday pleasures, too. You really communicated some of the joy of being a mother--and I so appreciate it when someone can put that curious and wonderful experience into concrete words.
Post a Comment