The other night at dinner, Paul and Owen and Elliot commenced a "funny face" game which involved crossing eyes, sticking out tongues and generally stretching their faces to make every one laugh. Everyone, that is, except me. I'm exhibiting that "boys have cooties" vibe lately as the three of them gang up on me with fart jokes, belching contests and general boy mayhem.
The other day Paul was horsing around with them doing I'm not sure what and Owen laughingly, gleefully called out to me from the other room (I think I was in the kitchen washing dishes at the time) "WHY does Daddy like to do things boys like to do?????!!!!!!!!" Then they ran around being goofy for a little while longer.
Here's an example of something I would never have done, but obviously makes Owen go bonkers with joy ( forgive the fact that you have to turn your head to watch this, I thought I was taking a still shot and happened to catch it on video instead):
2 comments:
Would you believe I just finish writing in Clara's blog that Clara's play is so extremely different from, first our own sons, and now Owen and Elliot!! How funny! Owen, I guess your dad likes to play the games boys like because it's in the genes. Yes, "boys will be boys". God love them. GG
I always knew Paul would make a good dad. Just remember Owen, they say that in every grown man there is still a little boy!! Your daddy loves to play little boy things!!! Lisel, I never really thought about the fact that you were so out numbered. You should have one more--maybe this time it will be a little girl!!! :-)
Aunt Carol
Post a Comment